Dr. Francis G. Serio, Dr. Cheryl L. Serio
Dr. Francis G. Serio
Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology
Periodontics – What’s New, Current and its Impact on the GP Practice
- Concepts of risk- who is at risk?
- What should we call it? The Perio/Implant Diseases Classification System
- Treatment planning considerations
- Risk factors
- Biofilm/plaque- still the trigger
- Diabetes mellitus- Type 2- the closest we have to the perio-systemic link
- Inflammation- current thoughts on the perio-systemic interface
- Cause-related therapy
- Antibiotics and mechanical therapy
- Semi-surgical therapy
- Peri-implant problems
- Doc- the whole side of my face hurts- now what?
- Treatment evaluation
- International volunteer projects
Periodontal health is the underpinning of overall oral health. This course is designed to provide an up-to-date review of the science of Periodontics and the practical application to the general dental practice.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the current classification system of the periodontal and peri-implant diseases.
- Identify the risk factors for the periodontal diseases
- Understand the current relationship between oral inflammation and systemic diseases and conditions
- Formulate a cause-related periodontal treatment plan including the proper use of mechanical therapy and antibiotics
- Identify peri-implant problems and describe possible remedies
- Describe international clinical volunteer projects and how to get involved in such projects.
The identification and treatment of the periodontal diseases is the cornerstone to effective general dental practice. Participants will be able to apply information learned in this course immediately upon returning to practice.
12 credit hours
|DENTISTS||$1095 CAD per person|
|AUXILLIARIES||$395 CAD per person|
Course tuition due at time of final payment.
See Terms and Conditions with respect to refund policy.
Unless otherwise published, the speaker has no financial or commercial interest or relationships related to the lecture or lecture material.
Kennedy Professional Educational Seminars is an ADA CERP recognized provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual activities or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.